POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trick : Re: The trick Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trick
From: andrel
Date: 13 Mar 2009 10:14:04
Message: <49BA6A2D.7090801@hotmail.com>
On 13-3-2009 13:53, Invisible wrote:
> As I say, I'm used to just going through life in the complete absence of
> any kind of success, regardless of effort applied. It does things to
> your mind.

Yeah, I noticed. Which does not mean that I have to accept that.

>>> I looked. The OU in MK don't have anything remotely interesting.
>>
>> Does Open here not mean that you don't have to physically go somewhere?
>> Because I was thinking about one of those. Or the e-learning type of
>> things.
>
> Well, perhaps. Personally I think *going* somewhere might not be such a
> bad idea. At least it would get me away from this job...

I though that this started out as some advise about doing things while
you were still on the job, but that may be just me.

> A very seriously doubt that adding more letters after my name will have
> any measurable effect on my career prospects.

In the Netherlands even dropping a letter before your name can change a lot.

> But being in a more positive and supportive environment might.

yes, but apparently you first have to move to such a place before you
would even contemplate moving. Well, apparently you enjoy recursive
problems.

>>> Somebody else might I guess, but how to find them?
>>
>> GIYF? Or ask a friend or ask in some random newsgroup.
>
> Oh, I can find a few things. But how to apply? I'm afraid I don't really
> understand all this stuff.

Apply? You simply fill in some forms I would expect.

Somewhat related: One of my colleagues is very much involved in an
on-line biomedical engineering curriculum (http://www.evicab.eu/). They
have a signal and imaging analysis course, which might be interesting to
you. I can however not immediately find how you can actually do the
on-line exams without being a student on a university.