POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trick : Re: The trick Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trick
From: andrel
Date: 13 Mar 2009 08:25:33
Message: <49BA50BE.6050801@hotmail.com>
On 13-3-2009 12:58, Invisible wrote:

>> Some thing that will in the end give you some credit when you finish it.
>
> I have serious doubts that such a thing exists. I realise that's not
> especially rational, but when you live for so long never receiving any
> credit for anything you do, no matter how hard it was to do it, you
> start to wonder whether credit actually exists at all.

Not in business (your boss simply assumes you do what you are paid for)
but in education we normally do.

>> Not familiar with you open university, but they or similar institutes
>> might have courses that are just as interesting as trying to build
>> haskell from the ground up.
>
> I looked. The OU in MK don't have anything remotely interesting.

Does Open here not mean that you don't have to physically go somewhere?
Because I was thinking about one of those. Or the e-learning type of things.

> Somebody else might I guess, but how to find them?

GIYF? Or ask a friend or ask in some random newsgroup.

> If the guys at Strathclyde get back to me it could be very
> interesting... but it's been days now, and I've heard nothing.
>
>> Granted if you finish that it might be something interesting on your
>> CV, but what is the chance that you will?
>
> I don't know. Depends on how difficult it turns out to be.
>
> FWIW, I'm not really trying to "build Haskell from the ground up".

that is what you are thinking now.