POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mr. _____ is dead! : Re: Mr. _____ is dead! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mr. _____ is dead!
From: andrel
Date: 28 Feb 2009 16:24:51
Message: <49A9AB82.5020704@hotmail.com>
On 28-2-2009 12:30, Chambers wrote:
> On 2/28/2009 3:10 AM, andrel wrote:
>> Somehow I already had the feeling that you might have personal
>> experience. ;)
>
> Gee, does it show? :)
>
>> Can you tell me how you were able to determine that a call did not
>> disturb *before* making the call?
>
> Obviously you can't, and it's not about being prescient.

No it is about not unsolicited interfering in somebody else's life. ;)

Really, it's a
> two-stage process:
> 1) Narrowing in on the people who are most likely to respond positively
> to you,
> 2) Handling the actual phone calls well.
>
> The first part has nothing to do with the individual making the call,
> but is all about getting them the right phone numbers.  It's the second
> part that makes the difference.
>
> Really, though, I can't think of a single job where you do NOT need to
> know how to close a sale, and telemarketing is a great way to learn that
> skill.

I think we have here a case of either a very narrow work experience or a
very wide definition of sale. I am doing research I have never done a
sale in my professional life. Unless you count writing a grant proposal
as a sale attempt. The nurses in our hospital aren't selling anything
either, nor is e.g. a police officer or a cab driver (in the Netherlands
you take the front most cab, no matter who is driving). Nobody in a
factory except some managers and the sale department ever have to close
a sale. I think you will find that the large majority of people have
jobs that don't require them to sell anything.