POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And again... : Re: And again... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And again...
From: andrel
Date: 26 Feb 2009 17:48:02
Message: <49A71C08.8020605@hotmail.com>
On 26-2-2009 22:38, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> Why don't you try and do something about this rather than just writing
>> on here what's going on?  If your boss isn't listening go higher up
>> until someone does listen.  If nobody listens, document it and do your
>> own thing (ie block them from modifying your systems), then they will
>> be forced to listen to you.
>
> 1. Nobody with any authority cares about my opinion. The general
> assumption is that I know nothing about anything.

As fredrik said, and he is the Nth to do so (N>5), you need a paper
trail. Part of your job is to look out for violations of the protocols.
If you don't report them you can be held responsible because you were
not doing your job. If you report and they choose to ignore that, it is
their problem.

> 2. How did such technically unskilled people get into senior IT
> positions? They did it by being good at company politics. If I try to
> play that game, they will beat me.

It is not about politics, it is about whether your company is violating
the law or not.

> 3. I have no power to block anything.

You do, but you choose not to use them.