POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who says .NET is slow...? : Re: Who says .NET is slow...? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who says .NET is slow...?
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2009 18:29:19
Message: <499f3ccf$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> 1024x768 frame buffer...

I would think there's relatively little need to be slow in a program like
this, where it's all manipulation of fundamental structures. As in, I would
think the speed of a program like this in .NET wouldn't necessarily be any
slower than a similar program in plain C, unless the JIT is just really bad.

Was there really any reason to use the unsafe pointers?

It is a cool effect, tho.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"