POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2009 17:14:56
Message: <499f2b60$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I guess I'm still smarting from that guy yelling at me because I keep
> asking how rank-2 types work and I still can't get my head around it.

You need to sit down interactively with someone. There were a handful of
things I just couldn't grok until I got someone more expert to give me a
clue, then it all fell into place.  (LISP being one of those, for example.)

> Actually, I'm still not really comprehending why double-entry book
> keeping is really relevant to a computer science degree, but still...

It's as relevant as anything else. Computer science (such as it is) doesn't
solve any problems on its own. :-)

>> Aren't there lots of options for getting funding?
> *shrugs*

Yes. They will pay you to get a PhD.

> is another qualification going to be different?

Because in getting that qualification, you get introduced to all the people
working in the fields that interest you.

>> and will have many more employment options once you are done.
> I currently doubt this one.

OK, put it this way...  So what? You're not finding any good jobs now.
After, if you still don't find any good jobs, what did you lose?

> I'm thinking I might make a list of cool stuff just for the hell of it,
> actually. :-D

You definitely should.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)