POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Feb 2009 10:25:51
Message: <499ecb7f$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes!

o_O

>> Why?
>
> What do you have to lose?

My mind? My livelihood? My youth? My virginity?

Oh, wait...

> You could always become a professor at the
> university, teaching people signal processing theory or some such.

LOL! As if anybody would care...

>> 4. It is *highly* unlikely that having a PhD will make any kind of
>> positive change to my employment situation.
>
> It couldn't hurt.

There is such a thing as "over-qualified". Apparently.

>> 5. Presumably a PhD is a serious amount of hard work. It's not exactly
>> a pleasure cruise. So I'd need a good reason to do one.
>
> Right lots of work, but you'll learn a lot and could be an interesting
> journey.

Well, I guess it depends on finding a good subject.

>> 6. I rather doubt that you can get a PhD in "doing cool stuff".
>> Presumably it must be something rather more specific than that.
>
> Depends, You'd need to do lots of research and such. But, you could pick
> something that interests you and pursue that.

Certainly all the stuff the OU is looking at seems to be socially based.
"How can we make computers more cuddly?" I really don't give a fig.

>> 8. Are you mental?
>
> Yes, yes I am.

Ah, I'm glad we sorted that one out. :-)