POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr SQL Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr SQL
From: scott
Date: 20 Feb 2009 09:23:46
Message: <499ebcf2$1@news.povray.org>
> What, as opposed to "what is the unladen velocity of a swallow?"? 0;-)

I'd say about 30mph because when driving at that speed sometimes birds
appear to be going about the same speed :-)

Some of the gems I've heard:

Estimate the mass of air in this room.
Would birds be hotter or colder with fur on their legs?
Draw x^infinity + y^infinity = 1
Prove which is bigger, e^pi or pi^e

But the best one was at my university interview, the guy had given me some
quite tricky geometry/trig problem to solve and I think I almost had the
answer, but the equation was a huge mess and I was dreading to try and solve
it for x (or whatever, it had squares and cubes all over the place).  But
then at that point he says "great, you seem to have the answer if you just
tidy it up a bit, let's move on".  Was the best I could have hoped for!