POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic failure #342 [31KB] : Re: Epic failure #342 [31KB] Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic failure #342 [31KB]
From: scott
Date: 20 Feb 2009 06:02:38
Message: <499e8dce$1@news.povray.org>
> It looks pretty huge in the picture. ;-)

Renault Megane 4295 x 1808 x 1471 mm
Audi A3 4328 x 1765 x 1421 mm

Seem about the same to me...

> Mind you, have you ever noticed how when you buy a cake in a shop, the
> thing on the box always looks huge, while the contents generally don't
> resemble it closely?

I find that usually when the shop is much bigger than your house.  Like when
my mum bought this sofa set from a shop (which is obviously vastly larger
than her living room, and probably our whole road), when she got it home it
looked like twice the size as the one in the shop!

> That's almost identical to my Renault Megan. (Although it's been
> decreasing lately...)

Mine depends how fast I drive, for one whole tank I went on uber-economy
mode and got 55 mpg, most of the time I get around 48-52.

I also found out that turning the air-con off reduced the fuel consumption
by about 3 mpg during normal driving, I wouldn't have expected quite that
much, but there you go.