POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Chambers
Date: 20 Feb 2009 01:39:33
Message: <499e5025$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/16/2009 12:12 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Haskell isn't C. It's not trying to be, either.
>
> As far as Warp is concerned, "it's not efficient == it's not worth using".

There are different types of efficiency, you know.  When I said,
"Haskell isn't C," I wasn't saying that Haskell isn't efficient.  On the
contrary, Haskell is (apparently) extremely efficient.

C gives the programmer a tremendous ability to economize memory usage
and CPU cycles.

Haskell, on the other hand, economizes programmer's productivity.

With C, you can do a lot with a small device (which is where C remains
in common usage, that is, embedded systems).  With Haskell, you can do a
lot in a short time (at least, that's what I understand it to be).

>> What about when so many otherwise rational, intelligent people all say
>> you're smart & they like you? Who are going to listen to?
>
> They're generally not very vocal.

I can remember at least two or three times you posted really negative
thoughts about yourself on this NG, and received a deluge of positive

*Actually, many other forums I've seen have nowhere near the civility of
the POV groups.  About the only ones I've seen that do are the ClanLib
forums, and the Kevin's Watch message board.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com