POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Knot theory : Re: Knot theory Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot theory
From: scott
Date: 18 Feb 2009 03:02:42
Message: <499bc0a2$1@news.povray.org>
> None of the professors had PhD's?  Heck, the science teachers in my high
> school had PhDs.

At my University it seemed to be a requirement that to become a professor
you need a PhD (this is for the UK definition of Professor, which means you
are head of department or some other very senior role, my understanding is
that this is not the same in the US).

At my first school only the headmaster had a PhD, but at the school I did my
A-levels at (16-18 years old) a lot of the science and maths teachers had
PhDs.

Off topic, my pure maths teacher was the coolest ever, the stereotypical
maths geek aged about 40 complete with holey wooly jumper and beard.  He was
fond of writing on peoples end of year reports (where there was space for
about 10-15 lines) 3 word summaries.