POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Knot theory : Re: Knot theory Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot theory
From: St
Date: 17 Feb 2009 11:42:00
Message: <499ae8d8$1@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
>>> People with the PhDs are the ones inventing new things at the concept
>>> stage, then the Engineers like me get to work out how to actually make
>>> it into a product :-)
>>
>> Wow, what a good job that is. I'd love a job like that.
>
> What the PhD or the Engineer?

  Oh, being that type of Engineer. See if this works, see if that works, try
this material, is it too heavy, too light, is it safe, etc.

    I'd love that.

> It made me laugh when one of the other departments here announced that one
> of their new projects for the next 6 months was to find ideas for new
> research projects :-)

 Heh, quite hard to do I would think, especially as, (as Andrew would say),
"Everything in the whole entire universe has already been invented."  :)

  Personally, I think there's a whole lot of good things to come yet. I
wonder what the very last invention ever would be?

    ~Steve~