POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Knot theory : Re: Knot theory Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot theory
From: scott
Date: 17 Feb 2009 11:28:54
Message: <499ae5c6$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm still impressed about the guy who got a grant to find out whether or
> not a duck's quack really does echo. WTF?

Exactly, if he can get that then you should be sorted!

> I don't think I've ever met anybody who has a PhD. (Of course, it's not
> like they have labels on them, so I can't be sure...)

But usually they are listed as "Dr" in organisation charts, on business
cards, publications, email names etc.

Most of the people I know who have any position of responsibility in the
companies I deal with have a PhD, it's not a coincidence, it definitely
helps you in your career.

> Most worryingly, I don't think anybody I met at uni had a PhD either...
> o_O

Hmm, most of my lecturers and supervisors were Dr something, or occasionally
students working for their PhDs.