POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ / database question : Re: C++ / database question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ / database question
From: scott
Date: 17 Feb 2009 06:17:21
Message: <499a9cc1@news.povray.org>
>> You can also use "SQL Server Everywhere", which is Microsoft's SQL server
>> in a form that you link it into your program.

OK so that's changed name to SQL Server Compact Edition and seems to be the
pefect fit for what I need.

It's just a simple small download and install with no configuration needed,
and then from Visual Studio I can use a normal managed interface to create
and access a database.  None of the messing about with installing server
services, service account, usernames passwords, horrible API interfaces etc,
it just works nicely out of the box and MS has lots of samples and tutorials
on how to use it :-)

Thanks, it has made my job a lot easier!