POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Chambers
Date: 16 Feb 2009 23:24:27
Message: <499a3bfb$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/16/2009 12:48 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I really thought Haskell was the be-all and end-all of everything. Being
> forced to admit that it is not is really painful.

Yeah, having to go through that really sucks.  But you know what?  You
should really stop looking for the "be-all adn end-all" of *anything*.
You won't find it; and, if you think you have, then you're in for a big
disappointment.

> really does is reinforce your point: you must memorise what the compiler
> does and does not optimise to get good code.)

That's true of just about every other language out there, as well :)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com