POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: andrel
Date: 20 Feb 2009 09:45:49
Message: <499EC210.1000003@hotmail.com>
On 20-2-2009 15:18, Invisible wrote:

> Anyway, as to what percentage of the population understand the Fourier
> Transform, I wouldn't like to say.

In my experience very little. Which does not stop them from using it
when a package provides it.
Proposition #6 from my thesis: the use of FFT to extract clinically
relevant parameters should be forbidden in the field of cardiology.

> I don't meet many people... I'm sure
> in any kind of competetive process though, you're going to meet a hell
> of a lot of them.

Then why do have to import our PhD students? After Dutch and English,
Russian is now the third language in our lab. Two years ago it was Italian.