POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: andrel
Date: 20 Feb 2009 08:23:00
Message: <499EAEA8.1060806@hotmail.com>
On 20-2-2009 13:05, Invisible wrote:
> OK, so this has been discussed a few times now, so I thought I'd make a
> thread specifically about it.
>
> The question is: Do you think I should do a PhD?

Yes, but not in computer science. I suggest something applied. Not
because you like it, but because you could be good at it and it would
force you to meet other people.

> Why?

Because

[snipped some rubbish]

> I seem to vaguely recall somebody (I forget who) claiming to know who to
> go to for this kind of thing, and offering to help me arrange it.
> Perhaps I'm just delusional...

If you had an MSc I am pretty sure I could have arranged it. With a BSc
it may require a bit more work. And it is not going to be 4 years.
Though the working conditions will be much better than where you are now
(except for the final year of course), with an option of dropping out
anytime you like. Oh, and it would require you to not live with your
mother anymore.