POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: andrel
Date: 20 Feb 2009 06:13:25
Message: <499E9049.7000605@hotmail.com>
On 20-2-2009 11:50, Invisible wrote:
>>> Heh. Well, as you know, I've never really had "friends".
>>
>> That is not true. There's a lot of people here that are friend enough
>> for this discussion to introduce you to other musical styles. And I
>> think they did. Someone also introduced you to organ music.
>
> I'm just saying, it's not like I had school buddies who I'd visit and
> hear what they're listening to. I spend almost my entire life alone.

Guess what, me too. ;)

>>> However, that particular song spent months at or near the top of the
>>> UK charts. Still, the tune is probably more memorable than the actual
>>> words...
>>
>> Probably long after the time when I was still listening to the radio
>> regularly. I stopped at the rise of Hiphop and such, when the majority
>> of 'songs' on the radio were performed by people that could not play
>> an instrument or sing. So my knowledge of popular music is very
>> sketchy after, say, 1990.
>
> Ooo, you just missed it. Insomnia was 1995.

Just? by a many years.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia_(Faithless_song)

Ok, I tried youtube. Never heard it before, I guess. Don't want to hear
it again. Typical of the type of music that made me turn away from the
radio.
Back to Moving Hearts for me.

> For a few months it was everywhere. And then a whole slew of copycats
> followed it. (It used a distinctive pizzicato synch patch that
> subsequently appeared everywhere.)

Are you sure they were the first to use something like that?

Ok, I'll help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildegard_of_Bingen