POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: andrel
Date: 20 Feb 2009 05:35:04
Message: <499E874D.5050206@hotmail.com>
On 20-2-2009 10:58, Invisible wrote:
>>> You needed Google for that? :-P
>>
>> You can only know that sort of thing without something like Google if
>> you were born in a certain period or in a certain country or had a
>> certain group of friends and/or any combination of that. For me, I
>> don't think I ever heard of that band, nor that 'song'.
>> Yesterday evening and this morning I was listening to songs and music
>> by Hildegard von Bingen. I would not blame you if you don't know who
>> that is. She died a bit before you were born. Then again you might
>> have had the right sort of friends some day. But I am sure there are
>> people here that don't have to resort to Google to estimate how much
>> 'a bit' is.
>
> Heh. Well, as you know, I've never really had "friends".

That is not true. There's a lot of people here that are friend enough
for this discussion to introduce you to other musical styles. And I
think they did. Someone also introduced you to organ music.

> However, that
> particular song spent months at or near the top of the UK charts. Still,
> the tune is probably more memorable than the actual words...

Probably long after the time when I was still listening to the radio
regularly. I stopped at the rise of Hiphop and such, when the majority
of 'songs' on the radio were performed by people that could not play an
instrument or sing. So my knowledge of popular music is very sketchy
after, say, 1990.

I see you resisted finding out who Hildegard was. ;)