POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ / database question : Re: C++ / database question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ / database question
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2009 15:59:46
Message: <4999d3c2$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> I just need to revise some SQL now and first of all work out how to
>> create databases and tables from my code.
>
> You do it with SQL.

Incidentally, for history buffs, that was one of the three or four
revolutionary amazing-at-the-time things that the relational model
introduced: the metadata of the data is accessible as data. That hit the
data world the way von Neumann architecture hit the electrical engineering
world. :-)

(The others being a mathematically rigorous foundation, a lack of pointers,
and separation of modeling concerns from efficiency concerns, all of which
were astoundingly revolutionary at the time.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"