POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2009 15:57:05
Message: <4999d321$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Either ACID-compliance is a good thing, or it isn't. (I'm of the view
> that it is, but apparently I'm in the minority here...)

It's a good thing if you need it. It's an unnecessary burden if you don't.
That's what I was trying to come away with.

Now, most people *do* need ACID, or they wouldn't be using a database in the
first place. (Your text editor isn't ACID, is it?)  But there are
increasingly more places that are willing to give up consistency in favor of
scalability.

> Or rather, only *my* posts are moderated. (Several people have at
> various times mentioned the lack of moderation, so I think it's only me.)

It's either moderated or it isn't. Now, maybe some peoples' posts are
auto-approved, but they're still moderated. If it's an NNTP forum, you can
tell by looking at the headers.

> [Uh... this thread started, how exactly? How long as Mr Quad been
> hanging around here?]

Well, OK. But he doesn't troll about on-topic stuff, even in off-topic. :-)

> I wouldn't mind, but I actually think Haskell is the coolest thing ever
> to exist, and I just want to help it take over the world. For my
> trouble, I get accused of being a troll. How did my message get this
> mutilated in transit??

Hard to say without seeing what you posted. What did you post?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"