POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Feb 2009 15:44:12
Message: <4999d01c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Implications seems pretty clear to me...
>
> Oh right. After a few minutes, I realized what you were talking about.
> If you came away with "RDBMs are never useful" from that discussion,
> you're overgeneralizing what I'm saying again. :-)

Either ACID-compliance is a good thing, or it isn't. (I'm of the view
that it is, but apparently I'm in the minority here...)

>> The Haskell mailing list is an unmoderated list.
>>
>> So... why is it that every time I post a message there, I get an
>> autoreply saying "your post to Haskell has been held for moderation",
>> and 80% of the time the post never appears at all?
>
> Seems like it isn't unmoderated, then.

Or rather, only *my* posts are moderated. (Several people have at
various times mentioned the lack of moderation, so I think it's only me.)

>> They make me sound like a curse or something. Jesus, am I really that
>> hated??
>
> No. Some people are just assholes. If you're really not trolling, Don's
> an asshole. Trolls don't hang around 3 years arguing about stuff.

[Uh... this thread started, how exactly? How long as Mr Quad been
hanging around here?]

I wouldn't mind, but I actually think Haskell is the coolest thing ever
to exist, and I just want to help it take over the world. For my
trouble, I get accused of being a troll. How did my message get this
mutilated in transit??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/