POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2009 15:23:52
Message: <4999cb58$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> being flamed by Darren for thinking that databases are worth using,
>>
>> Huh??  I'm ... pretty sure I never meant to imply they aren't.
>
> "Right, sure. DBMS is important. That's why Google and Amazon don't
> bother with them."
>
> Implications seems pretty clear to me...

Oh right. After a few minutes, I realized what you were talking about. If
you came away with "RDBMs are never useful" from that discussion, you're
overgeneralizing what I'm saying again. :-)

> The Haskell mailing list is an unmoderated list.
>
> So... why is it that every time I post a message there, I get an
> autoreply saying "your post to Haskell has been held for moderation",
> and 80% of the time the post never appears at all?

Seems like it isn't unmoderated, then.

> They make me sound like a curse or something. Jesus, am I really that
> hated??

No. Some people are just assholes. If you're really not trolling, Don's an
asshole. Trolls don't hang around 3 years arguing about stuff.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"