POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Feb 2009 14:56:36
Message: <4999c4f4$1@news.povray.org>
>> being flamed by Darren for thinking that databases are worth using,
>
> Huh??  I'm ... pretty sure I never meant to imply they aren't.

"Right, sure. DBMS is important. That's why Google and Amazon don't
bother with them."

Implications seems pretty clear to me...

>> I could sit here complaining about how everybody seems to have it in
>> for me. Or I could just face up to the fact that I UPSET PEOPLE, and
>> ask myself why...
>
> Or you could believe maybe you're a bit sensitive and grouping in the
> people who like you with the people who don't, because they're all on
> the same side of the screen.

The Haskell mailing list is an unmoderated list.

So... why is it that every time I post a message there, I get an
autoreply saying "your post to Haskell has been held for moderation",
and 80% of the time the post never appears at all?

*Clearly* I have done something to upset somebody... Don's comments were
particularly cutting:

"Your post qualifies as somewhere between internet prank and internet
troll."

"After 3 years of this, I don't hold out much hope."

etc.

They make me sound like a curse or something. Jesus, am I really that
hated??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/