POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:50:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2009 14:04:25
Message: <4999b8b9$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I'm not always right. Making yourself look smarter than you really are
> is an art.

That too! You're too honest sometimes, Andrew. I got my MS in BS a long time
ago.

>   Of course when someone more knowledgeable about the subject calls your
> bluff, it can be really embarrassing. Admitting that you were wrong can
> be really difficult.

Actually, I find it rather cathartic. It has the drawback that it can reduce
your street-cred in the short term, but if you interact with people for a
while, it actually helps, because people will remember you're willing to
admit you're wrong when you really were.

>   (Of course the same is true for C++ and probably all languages.

The best ones in that regard let you separate out the specification and the
performance aspects into two separate jobs. SQL is very good at this, for
example.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"