POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Onion : Re: Onion Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Onion
From: Alain
Date: 16 Feb 2009 13:53:13
Message: <4999b619$1@news.povray.org>
Matija nous illumina en ce 2009-02-15 06:49 -->
> Hi!
>
> I've been tryin to make somethign resembling an onion an cutting it away. Not
> that I want it to look as an onion, just a bunch of concentric spheres. I
> wanted to use the #while loop so that I wouldn't need to type much and could
> change stuff easily. But only the first iteration seems to run OK, then it gets
> weird. Could you please llok at my code, run it and help? Thanks!
>
> Matija
>

>   #include "colors.inc"
>   #include "glass.inc"
>   #include "skies.inc"
>   #include "textures.inc"
>     background{White}
>
>     camera {
>     angle 15
>     location <3,12,10>
>     look_at <0,0,0>
>     }
>     light_source { <12, 5, 3> color White }
>
> #declare Stevec=1;
> #declare Rad1 = 1;
> #declare Rad2 = 0.1;
>
> #declare Onion =
>
>         #while (Stevec >= 0.2)
>                 #declare Rad1=Stevec;
>                 #declare Rad2=Rad1-0.1;
>                 difference {
>                         sphere {<0,0,0>, Rad1}
>                         sphere {<0,0,0>, Rad2 hollow} cutaway_textures}
>                 #declare Stevec=Stevec-0.2;
>
>         #end
>
> intersection {
>          object {Onion pigment {color Green}}
>         box {<0,-1,-1>
>                 <-1,1,1>
>                 pigment {color Blue}}
>                 }

Just une an union for your "Onion" object:

#declare Onion =
	union{
         #while (Stevec >= 0.2)
                 #declare Rad1=Stevec;
                 #declare Rad2=Rad1-0.1;
                 difference {
                         sphere {<0,0,0>, Rad1}
                         sphere {<0,0,0>, Rad2 }
			}
                 #declare Stevec=Stevec-0.2;

         #end
	}

You don't need hollow as your objects are not intended to contain any media.
Anyway, hollow won't have any effect where it's used.

You don't need cutaway_textures either, as your object only have a single
texture that's applyed after it's deffined.

--
Alain
Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God.