POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations : Re: Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game recommendations
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2009 13:41:47
Message: <4999b36b$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> Well as I said objects and positions pay a part, and as you say the
> manor was symmetrical and if I recall the theatre was a pain.

The opera house in Thief Gold?  I had no trouble with that. The underground
caves were annoying, tho.  But sure, you could see how adding some goodies
here and there without changing the geometry could make it not only easier
to navigate but also more realistic. Certainly someone's library isn't going
to be decorated the same as the bedroom or bathroom.

> Yesterday morning I was creeping through Roosevelt Academy in F3 -
> corridors, side-rooms, and lockers; no problem. Even on the third floor
> I could relate my position thanks to the collapsed floors/ceilings that
> allowed me to spot a landmark above or below me.

Kewl.

>> Have you tried T2X, btw? Very well done.
>
> I have and it was, though it was a while ago - recall I dug out my notes
> to give you a hand.

Heh.

> Heh indeed though a 'not getting shot' or 'turn off enemy AI' would be
> nice.

Not having played it, I was under the impression that was a smaller part of
it than it apparently is.  Would have been cool if they made it possible to
take an alternate route to avoid all the bad-guys but make harder jumps and
such.

> mode; you'd have to store a 'god mode' bit in both the game and save
> file. So I mean it's possible, just hassle.

Yes, that's how it works.  I've seen games where if you level up on god
mode, you can no longer put that character online, for example.

>> Which one what? Which set? They're all beautiful. (Visually speaking,
>> I mean.  No idea about the actual gameplay.)
>
> I meant which Serious Sam?

Well, they're both very pretty! Is there a third?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"