POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Feb 2009 11:42:45
Message: <49999785@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> But wanting something to be true doesn't make it true. And,
> unfortunately for me, Warp is right, as usual. Haskell sucks. And no
> amount of words from me is going to change it. My pride and joy actually
> sucks, and I can't do anything about it.

Haskell doesn't suck.  It sucks a lot less than C++, certainly.  Being
slower doesn't mean it sucks.  The higher-level the language and more
away from the underlying low-level metal, the better.  Haskell sucks a
lot less performance-wise than most other very high-level languages.

And I still prefer Scheme, despite being much slower than Haskell... :)

> If it was just one person who disliked me, it probably wouldn't bother
> me. But when so many otherwise rational, intelligent people all say
> you're stupid... eventually it starts to sink in.

Being not as intelligent as truly intelligent people is not the same as
being stupid.  Endlessly pestering such bright people over reasonably
basic stuff you still don't understand... well, that's stupid. ;)