POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Feb 2009 11:36:04
Message: <499995f4$1@news.povray.org>
>> Nobody else on the forum gets singled out as a troll. (Except for that
>> one guy who really *is* a troll!) Lots of other people, many of them
>> beginners like myself, manage to coexist quite happily. So clearly I
>> personally must be doing something very wrong to attract this kind of
>> negative attention.
>
> What made them think you're a troll?

This is of course the crucial question.

What is it about me that makes so many different people think that I'm
just an attention-seeking fool with a loud mouth who doesn't know what
he's talking about? Several different people, in unrelated forums, have
all independently come to the same conclusion. There must be a reason
for this.

> You seem to have quite an understanding of mathematics, though, which
> says a lot. You know and understand things that would make a layperson
> take one look and go curl up in a corner.

Yeah. I can do basic algebra correctly - sometimes. It seems that
somehow I extrapolated from this that I'm some kind of maths "expert".
Needless to say, delusions of grandure don't go down too well when you
meet a *real* expert.

Maybe that's what my problem is? Ideas about my station?