POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 16 Feb 2009 11:29:28
Message: <49999468$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> OTOH, Warp is clearly a God-like programmer, and when He says something
> about programming, he's usually right. (Though not always.) Go ask him
> what the most efficient way to implement a Huffman tree in C++ is; I bet
> he knows.

And thats where my run-ins with Warp usually occur. I say something
misguided about programming and he jumps in. That's just Warp.

> Similarly, Darren is obviously an expert when it comes to computer
> theory. I have no idea what the hell a recursively enumerable set is,
> but I bet Darren does. When somebody like that tells you you're an
> idiot, you sit up and take notice.

Darren? Really?

FWIW, I've seen Darren and Warp really have it out over C# of all
things. But yes, they both know their stuff. That doesn't mean you're
actually an idiot, though.

> Nobody else on the forum gets singled out as a troll. (Except for that
> one guy who really *is* a troll!) Lots of other people, many of them
> beginners like myself, manage to coexist quite happily. So clearly I
> personally must be doing something very wrong to attract this kind of
> negative attention.

What made them think you're a troll?

> If it was just one person who disliked me, it probably wouldn't bother
> me. But when so many otherwise rational, intelligent people all say
> you're stupid... eventually it starts to sink in.

Right. I've been smacked in the head enough on here to know to be every
careful when I post on programming topics. I'm out of my depth with some
of folks on here, and I know that.

To change the subject (sort of):

BTW, I think I'm procrastinating on the filter stuff.. Right now I'm
trying to get properly feeding a circular sound buffer data so I can try
listening in realtime.

You seem to have quite an understanding of mathematics, though, which
says a lot. You know and understand things that would make a layperson
take one look and go curl up in a corner.
--
~Mike