POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Numeric performance : Re: Numeric performance Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Numeric performance
From: Warp
Date: 16 Feb 2009 11:22:59
Message: <499992e3@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >>   I give up. For some reason trying to teach you something seems
> >> completely pointless.
> >
> > Now now. He *did* say he got it working. :-)  And you must admit,
> > printf() isn't the most intuitive way of printing something.

> No, it seems Warp is right.

> I have conclusively demonstrated that Haskell is many orders of
> magnitude slower than C even for a trivial program.

  I was not talking about Haskell vs. the world in my comment quoted
above. I was talking about you trying to do it in *C* and having your
program crash, after all the trouble I have gone in the past to try to
teach you safe programming practices in C++, as a better alternative to C.

  I got exasperated because I thought that maybe, just maybe you had
learned something about the C/C++ family of languages, and perhaps learned
to make working programs in C++ with less effort (than in C, that is).
But no. When you want to try something with something else than Haskell,
you go once again back to C and have your program crash on you. It feels
like all my teaching efforts went completely to waste.

--
                                                          - Warp