POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ / database question : Re: C++ / database question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ / database question
From: scott
Date: 16 Feb 2009 08:22:09
Message: <49996881$1@news.povray.org>
> The give PostgreSQL a try. It has an C++ API too:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/6.5/static/libpqplusplus.htm

That looks quite nice, it seems that libpq++ has been superseded by libpqxx,
which doesn't seem to work very well on Windows.  But anyway I used the
standard C API and got it working ok so far.  It also looks like I should be
able to do a silent install of PostGres during installation of my app which
is cool.

I just need to revise some SQL now and first of all work out how to create
databases and tables from my code.

Thanks!