POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming : Re: A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second comming
From: scott
Date: 16 Feb 2009 03:26:22
Message: <4999232e$1@news.povray.org>
> Ahh, Audi takes more time, it lets the slide start but then crunches the
> car back to line.

I would estimate that mine lets the rear wheels slide about 30-50 cm
sideways, then it pulls it back in line, it usually happens so fast on
snow/ice that it's hard to tell what's going on.

> BMW?

Yep 120d so the turbo makes the power a bit on/off with the throttle, a
petrol would be better for controlling the power IMO.  Also if I just tap
the ESP-disable button (rather than hold it down for a few seconds) it puts
it into some kind of 50% help mode, maybe that will let you have more fun
but still stop you from losing control completely, IDK, maybe I will try it
again when we have some more snow on the roads.

> I don't even need to brake with the engine - if I have too much speed
> for a corner, keep the throttle steady and turn quickly, car goes
> straight ahead and ESP does nothing.

Mine seems to correct understeer too, which is quite handy when driving a
bit faster than you should be on snow :-)  - I saw the tyre tracks of where
someone else had gone off onto the grass and thought I was going there too
for a moment :-)