POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kd-trees rule! : Re: kd-trees rule! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kd-trees rule!
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2009 03:21:50
Message: <4999221e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Obviously the bigger range of distances teh game engine needs to
> represent, the less accuracy you can store the depth with and the more
> depth buffer problems you get.  And of course using a 24bit buffer helps
> things.

I think that was one of the things the Serious Sam engine was trying to show
off. There were levels where you'd look across the level with the 10x sniper
scope and at the halfway mark was a five-story monstrosity you could barely
make out.   That and literally hundreds of monsters all attacking at once,
of course.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"