POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender : Re: Blender Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender
From: Mike Hough
Date: 16 Feb 2009 01:12:18
Message: <499903c2$1@news.povray.org>
In Blender it is possible to paint directly on the model using texture
paint. Works best if it is a low-poly model with subsurf that can be turned
off while painting. It isn't something that I've completely mastered but I
have been able to get it to work pretty well. That is how I created the
texture map for this model http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqmRT87HhtE

I created a grid pattern for the uvmap, unwrapped the head and applied the
map, and then used texture paint to block in the colors, like the eyebrows,
eyeliner, lips, and blush. The image at that point shows the features well
enough to figure out what-goes-where and then I added details in photoshop.
Takes quite a long time so I've been putting it off for several other models
in the works. I find the hardest part is remembering all the steps involved
in using the uv editor.

Mike