POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender : Re: Blender Server Time
9 Oct 2024 16:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Feb 2009 21:08:40
Message: <4998caa8$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Much more powerful procedural textures are coming to Blender soon enough,
> completely modifiable via the nodes editor as well.  Anyway, most people into
> Blender -- and most other 3D apps as well -- simply use image maps, though
> being a povhead myself, I never quite adapted to the whole UV-unwrap thing
> either.

I had noticed that. The POV community seems more purist, perhaps because
POV's procedural textures are more powerful. One of my experiments consists
of seeing how to get POV to render a texture in a way that I can use it
easily as an image map.  (Not hard. Just a matter of getting the texture
stack full of normals and displacements and all that right.)

> who simply occupy the whole screen with a single window, because that's the
> standard Windoze way. ;)

I never understood that myself. Blender makes it easy to work that way, but
I usually get nuts of windows are under other windows.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"