POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender : Re: Blender Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Feb 2009 14:55:31
Message: <49987333$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> No. I just spent like 5 hours trying to figure out why something wasn't
> working in spite of something else configured exactly the same was
> working.

Best way to get into Blender is to slowly learn your way through both
its 3D space and through its interface, which is organized in panels
containing related functionality.  All of it via keyboard, of course.

First time I touched blender there were so many buttons around that I
felt tempted to just push around some of them so I only accomplished
horribly distorting the default 3D cube beyond all recognition.  Then, I
decided to first learn how move around in the 3D space, how to
manipulate objects in the 3D space, how to add and remove objects, how
to constraint their 3D transforms to axis or planes.  Took about 1 week,
I guess.

Then I begin learning edit mode, extruding faces etc.  Later, texturing,
at which point I first began learning why all those panels below
(texturing is all about F5 and F6).

Trying to hurry things up won't do any good.

> There isn't any way to actually get it to open two OS-level windows on
> the same scene, as in dual-monitor use, is there?

I don't know, I'm a single-monitor guy. ;)