POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Light Source Maximum Brightness? : Re: Light Source Maximum Brightness? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light Source Maximum Brightness?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 15 Feb 2009 14:35:21
Message: <49986e79$1@news.povray.org>
sam kim wrote:

> But do you know the answer to my second question?
>
> Is there a way to define maximum amount of brightness of an object?

Actually you didn't ask two questions, you said you wanted to cap
the brightness "so that" you could get rid of the problem with the
doubly illuminated area. triple_r gave you the physically correct
way to solve that problem instead. So, is there another reason
you want to cap the brightness to some absolute value? Likely
there is a better solution for whatever you wish to achieve.