POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random offer : Re: A random offer Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random offer
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 15 Feb 2009 13:26:34
Message: <49985e5a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>
>>   Honestly I don't think you qualify for the languages in question (as
>> far
>> as I know you), but it wouldn't be the first time that people get hired
>> even though they don't fully qualify...
>
> That was more or less my assessment too.

I know you're not too fond of the languages, but it might be worthwhile
to shift your free time programming into something like Java/C++ for a
while so you can more confidently apply to this sort of job.  Releasing
some sort of small project written in one of these languages online (or
contributing in a meaningful way to an existing open-source one) which
you could point to on a resume couldn't hurt either.