POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender : Re: Blender Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Feb 2009 03:43:53
Message: <4997d5c9$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Oh no, I do believe I said POV-Ray's texture system was superior in many
> ways to Blender's:

It certainly seems easier to understand wtf is going on, at least. And more
consistent.

> Each program has its strong points, so it's all a matter of preference.
>  POV-Ray is a much more *fun* environment to experiment in.

Yep, altho I expect I'll be playing with the python interface to blender
soon. I haven't gotten far enough to get trapped, but Blender definitely
looks like the kind of program where you build something, "apply" your
changes, start the next part, and realize you need to fix something from
before when you "applied" stuff, so now you're kinda screwed going thru a
lot of manual steps again. Unlike POV, where you'd just fix your source and
run it again.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"