POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender : Re: Blender Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender
From: stbenge
Date: 15 Feb 2009 01:07:23
Message: <4997b11b@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor wrote:
>> Does anyone here use blender?
>
> Anyway, I know that Sam Benge is pretty good with it,

Who told you this? I certainly didn't say it... I just know how to
navigate through some of the program. Putting out some good images with
it is another story... Say, when's the last time you saw something I
rendered in Blender? :')

> and he's even said before
> that the Blender textures are comparable to Povray's, it's just a different way
> of thinking I guess... Sam, you out there?

Oh no, I do believe I said POV-Ray's texture system was superior in many
ways to Blender's:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.48fdae14f034d1aa519bbb570@news.povray.org%3E/

Each program has its strong points, so it's all a matter of preference.
  POV-Ray is a much more *fun* environment to experiment in.

Sam