POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More VM fun : Re: More VM fun Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More VM fun
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 17:16:37
Message: <499742c5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Server gets a little farther, in both real and VirtualPC, but neither
> actually get to the point where it gives you a prompt you can do
> something with.

OK. It helps immensely to have a CD without physical errors on it after
you've burned it. :-) Now it boots fine on real hardware and complains about
the emulated CD drive on the VirtualPC.  Given that it just booted the boot
code and install menu off the CD, and given that other Linuxes seem to work
OK, I'm not sure what Ubuntu is doing that would be a problem. Maybe trying
to check more types of hardware for greater compatibility, and failing
because it can't figure out what kind of hardware it is or some such.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"