POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open source : Re: Open source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open source
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 15:29:46
Message: <499729ba$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Of course it does.  But you were lamenting that "This never happens in
> Windows" - this is a big part of the reason why.

This really hasn't been a problem in about 8 years. DLL hell was caused by
people replacing working code in the OS directories with broken code. As
soon as you implemented the policy that you can't overwrite microsoft's code
with your own, the DLL hell bits went away.

> Very cool.  Make sure you note that for your CV as well, things like that
> can be useful.

Yep. All that stuff is good.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)