POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More VM fun : Re: More VM fun Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More VM fun
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 15:27:05
Message: <49972919$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I'm currently sucking down KNOPPIX at a rate of about 8 KB/sec.
> Currently 10% done after several hours.

Eight minutes, here. ;-)  Of course, you need enough machines in the swarm
to actually feed you that fast. :-)

I'm trying the "server" version of ubuntu to see if it'll boot. The
"desktop" version brings up the "what next" menu, and when you hit enter on
a choice it spins up the CD for a few seconds then comes back to the menu.
On the 64-bit machine, it spends 5 minutes loading the kernel, then pops up
a box saying "Boot loader: OK" and when you press enter you're back at the
main menu again. WTF guys?  If I run across a version of ubuntu that
actually boots, I'll try it under VirtualPC.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"