POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random offer : Re: A random offer Server Time
9 Oct 2024 09:56:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random offer
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Feb 2009 14:22:33
Message: <499719f9$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:50:43 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> So what do we think, people? Given that I have 0 years' experience in an
> engineering environment, and that I have outdated experience with Java
> and minimal experience with C++, so I qualify?

Can't hurt to try.  I applied for a similar job once upon a time, and
while I didn't get the job (because I lacked engineering, Java, and C++
experience), a few years later the same guys interviewed me for a job I
*did* get, and I don't doubt that part of the reason was that they had
met me already.  In the first interview, they felt I was capable in my
area of expertise, but the expertise just wasn't what they were looking
for at the time.

> (Also - I wonder where on
> the face of the Earth this position *is*?)

You could always ask them.....

It might be a virtual office, for that matter - letting you work from
home.

Jim