POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming : Re: A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second comming
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Feb 2009 17:44:43
Message: <4995f7db$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:01:42 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2009 16:20:53 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:12:23 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> True ;)
>>
>>Far easier with the smiley. ;-)
>>
> More effect without :)

Well, certainly more conversation. ;-)

>>I wonder if mine is some sort of RSI; I type a *lot*, and I type quite
>>fast as well (I've been clocked at 90-120 WPM when I'm "in a groove") -
>>my coworkers are still surprised at how quickly I can type.
>>
> Try aspirin or ibuprofen or a graphics tablet. I don't get problems with
> typing but with mouse work.

I do take ibuprofen (usually for headaches, though).  I use a touchpad
rather than a mouse - I find it very difficult to use a mouse because
I've used touchpads for so long.

>>Comes from back in my days programming - in my head, I'd be a few lines
>>ahead of where my fingers were typing and my speed increased in order to
>>keep up with my brain.  Strangely, though, I don't do so well if I have
>>to type numbers with text.  I can do 10-key very quickly as well, but
>>mixing alpha and numeric slows me down considerably.
>>

> I learned to type on a TTY so I am slow.

LOL!

>>> We are here to serve :)
>>
>>I'll take a two-piece fish & chips meal, then, served in the traditional
>>way. ;-)
>>

> In England that is just Fish and chips, wrapped or open. In Scotland it
> is a fish supper and if it is without chips it is a single fish and you
> get two.

Aye, then 'tis the supper for me. ;-)

(Our local chip shop shut some months ago, no good alternatives around
now. :-( )

Jim