POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BSD > Linux? : Re: BSD > Linux? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BSD > Linux?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 13 Feb 2009 15:16:29
Message: <4995d51d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> So apparently Linux is slowly becoming popular. But what about that
> *other* open-source OS? Specifically, the various BSD variants?
> (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonFly BSD, BSD on LSD...) Anybody know
> anything about them? Are they any different to Linux? Is anybody likely
> to care?

OpenBSD's goal:

"OpenBSD believes in strong security. Our aspiration is to be NUMBER ONE
in the industry for security (if we are not already there). Our open
software development model permits us to take a more uncompromising view
towards increased security than Sun, SGI, IBM, HP, or other vendors are
able to. We can make changes the vendors would not make. Also, since
OpenBSD is exported with cryptography, we are able to take cryptographic
approaches towards fixing security problems."

http://openbsd.org/security.html

--
Tor Olav
http://subsube.com