POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh Debian : Re: Oh Debian Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh Debian
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Feb 2009 15:16:10
Message: <4995d50a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> APT definitely works with RPM (according to Wikipedia).

I'll investigate more, but I don't know if the fact that something works
with RPM files means it also works with RPM repositories. I don't know if
they're the same kind of thing.  (By "works with repositories", I mean
things like give you the TOC, keep updates updated, etc.)

My sysadmin guru says to use Ubuntu for servers these days, but I've been
using openSuSE, so ... I need to figure out where to get the packages I use
in a way that Ubuntu likes.  This is what happens when you start getting
incompatible competition in Linux releases. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"