POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming : Re: A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second comming
From: scott
Date: 13 Feb 2009 07:16:11
Message: <4995648b$1@news.povray.org>
> And if you'd had ESP, it should've braked for you (with just left
> wheels, to make the car turn) ;).

It's funny when my car does this, if you leave all the ESP stuff turned on
and then try to fishtail the car after approx 0.1 seconds of sliding you can
feel it pull on the brake on just one wheel that gets the car back in shape.

> For some reason (dunno why) Audi's
> (tested with B7 and B8 A4's) don't seem to do this - if you turn the
> wheels too quickly on ice and slide forwards without turning, the ESP
> won't realize it and does nothing.

My changing-down-on-ice experiments were exactly to see if the ESP system
could cope with it, but alas it couldn't and I just slid with a wiggly back
end until it gripped again.  I guess the ESP programmers didn't include a
function to blip the throttle if it detected engine braking was locking the
rear wheels :-)