POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Chambers
Date: 13 Feb 2009 05:10:54
Message: <4995472e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/13/2009 1:17 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> The sniper rifle, of course, is insanely effective combined with Cloak
>> :) Cue Bishop from UT: "One shot, one kill!"
>
> ....except that, for the most part, the sniper rifle doesn't seem to
> kill things. :-(

I've killed everyone I've shot at with it :O

>> My latest "fun" tactic (which I've actually found quite effective):
>> Turn speed on, run right up to the enemy soldiers, grab them by the
>> throat, and run out before the others can shoot you! It's like I'm the
>> human counterpart to the flying spaghetti monster who's been grabbing
>> my guys :)
>
> ....except that you can only ran 20 yard before you run out of energy.

Don't run constantly; tap the shift key to give yourself short bursts.

> And by that point God-knows how many enemies will be firing rocket
> launchers and shotguns and sniper rifles and SMGs at you, so you'll be
> dead.

So?  Grab/throw, run to next guy, rinse & repeat.  After seeing you
throw one guy in the air, about half the others will turn & run.  Not to
mention their aim isn't THAT good (after you sprint a few yard, they
typically need a few seconds before they can hit you well, and by that
time you've moved on).

Granted, it's not like I'm invincible or anything; I tend to die four or
five times for every major fight I'm in before I get past it.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com